December 28th 7:39pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at a local restaurant. Alarm showed smoke in a hood detector. Crews vented the smoke however the alarm would not reset. The alarm company was called by the crews to advise them of the system not resetting. Crews attempted to disconnect the main 120v power supply from the panel, but the alarm still sounded. The crews disconnected a battery back-up finally stopping the alarm. A fire watch was set and a repair tech called.
Later that night the repair tech called stating the employees had pulled the fire suppression system in the grill hood which is why the system would not reset. The tech also stated the fire panel had suffered damage and needed to be replaced. Other businesses utilizing the same fire alarm system in the area were advised of the situation and a fire watch set until the system could be repaired.
December 29th 10:09am: Snoqualmie Firefighters received a report of an activated fire alarm at Bartell Drugs. On arrival, a strobe was flashing, however no fire or smoke observed. Crews found a trouble alert on the alarm panel that would not reset. A technician was called. This call was associated with the kitchen hood fire suppression system being activated at a nearby restaurant the evening before.
6:21pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched for reported power wires down and transformer on fire in North Bend. On arrival no fire was found, but wires were down on private property. Home owners were aware and had called Puget Sound Energy.
December 31st 10:32am: Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to the parking lot of Snoqualmie Valley Hospital to assist a man standing by his car who was in obvious distress. Eastside medics arrived and transported the patient to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.
4:37pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters were asked by the Police Department to transport a patient experiencing emotional issues to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah as no other ambulances were available.
5:58pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters received a phone call from a city resident who was out of town and had been alerted remotely that his smoke detectors were sounding. Crews arrived and heard the smoke detectors. Homeowner remotely unlocked the front door with his phone. Crews entered but could not find the bad detector so unhooked all of them and they stopped. Homeowner wanted the detectors to remain unplugged until he returned from his trip as he had another source of fire detection. Crews left the house and homeowner locked the door remotely.
11:06pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to the Snoqualmie Valley Hospital for a CO alarm. Crews were met by the security guard and lead to the 2nd floor where the panel showed an alarm was detected. Crews used gas detecting equipment and could find no trace of CO. The alarm could not be reset, so the system was left in trouble mode with the security guard as a fire watch until a technician could reset.
January 1st 1:56pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm sounding in a residence. Homeowner stated she couldn’t find where the alarm was coming from and had no signs of fire. Unit arrived to find the house evacuated and greeted by the homeowner. A loud alarm could be heard, but it was not a smoke alarm. After investigating, a water alarm was located next to the washing machine that was likely set off by water on the floor. The alarm was shut off and homeowner advised to follow-up with a plumber.
January 2nd 4:35pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched with other units for a 4-vehicle accident on west-bound I- 90. Firefighters discovered one patient unconscious and trapped and three other individuals outside walking. Crew removed the trapped patient using hydraulic extrication tools and a eastside medic unit transported the patient to Harborview Medical Center. Snoqualmie firefighters then treated and transported the driver from car #4 to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital.
January 4th 5:24am: Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted Snoqualmie Pass Fire and other units with manpower for a 3 semi-trailer motor vehicle accident.
7:19pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a residence whose owner smelled smoke. On investigation, determined homeowners furnace went bad.
January 5th 2:46pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a residence for an activated fire alarm. Upon arrival, it was discovered that cooking had set off the alarm.
January 6th 2:27am: Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted an elderly patient who had fallen and had difficulty getting back up.
2:40am: Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to the Freshman Campus at Mt. Si High School for an activated fire alarm. Alarm was set off by a power outage and crews were not able to reset the alarm. Notified school maintenance and left the alarm in trouble mode.
4:06am: Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a one-vehicle accident on Issaquah-Hobart Road. No injuries, minimal vehicle damage.
January 8th 8:19am: Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a Department of Transportation crew with cutting and removing a tree that had fallen onto Hwy-18, blocking one lane of travel.
10:15am: Snoqualmie Firefighters and other units were dispatched for a fire alarm on Snoqualmie Ridge. Unit arrived to find construction workers on site testing the system.
4:37pm: Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a 2-car, rear-end motor vehicle accident with 2 patients. One patient required transport to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.
January 9th 3:07 am: Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a residential fire alarm. The family had evacuated the house. On investigation, one smoke detector was found to have water in it which caused the malfunction and setting off all other detectors. Crews removed the wet detector and restored the fire alarm system.