Here are a few of the calls the Snoqualmie Fire Department responded to during the past two weeks:
At around 8:50AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an oven fire. The home owner was cleaning the oven with the clean feature when he saw flames from the bottom pan. He used fire extinguisher to put out the fire and crews vented smoke from the home upon arrival.
At around 11:20AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a residence whose smoke detectors were going off. Crews found a bad smoke detector, disconnected it and told the home owner to buy a new one.
At around 12:50PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to the same residence mentioned above, whose smoke detectors were going off once again. Crews disconnected all alarms and told the home owner to purchase new detectors.
At around 10:00AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched for a fire alarm at Echo Glen Children’s Center. Someone on site called and stated that it was a false alarm. The units continued to the site in non-emergency status to confirm this. No fire was found, false alarm.
At around 11:20AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a commercial activated fire alarm. On arrival, they were met by a construction crew cutting concrete inside the business that set off the alarm with dust. The crew was advised to take precautions to avoid this happening again, and alarm was reset.
At around 6:30PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a two-car motor vehicle accident on Highway 18. The patient’s car had rear-ended another vehicle. The patient was complaining of neck pain and transported to Swedish Medical Center in Issaquah.
At around 4:45PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters were called to an activated fire alarm at a Ridge business. Nothing was found and the alarm was reset.
At around 9:30AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other Eastside medical units with a female patient in her 60s whose car had gone through a fence into a field. The patient was pulled from the vehicle, unconscious. Firefighters assisted crews with CPR compressions and moving the patient into an ambulance for transport to the local hospital.
At around 3:00PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a sing
le motor vehicle accident where a car had crashed into a tree. The patient got out of the car on their own and refused care or transport even though he complained of neck and chest pain.
Patient signed elective refusal form.
At around 7:00AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted Snoqualmie Police Department with a young man, approximately 22 years old, who had no shoes or ID and was walking in the road. Firefighters evaluated the patient and released him to the police.
At around 10:30AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of smoke in the woods at Snoqualmie Point Park. There was nothing found upon investigation.
At around 6:00AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm at Salish Lodge. The alarm was set off by heat from the second floor kitchen — there was no fire.
At around 6:30PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a possible appliance fire. Upon arrival, they found a small propane cylinder on fire. Water was initially applied to the fire with no results, so dirt was applied to extinguish the fire. The propane tank had a small torch extension which was left on and burning uncontrolled. The tank and torch attachment were separated and disposed.
At around 7:30PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other Eastside units with patient removal and packaging resulting from a single car motor vehicle accident on I-90. The patient was transported to Overlake Hospital.
At around 10:30PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a residential address after a caller alerted them to an outdoor camp fire that had flames visible at least 8 feet in the air. The caller also stated there were minors tending the fire and had a gasoline container nearby, so the Snoqualmie Police Department was also dispatched. Upon arrival, firefighters found three young teens around a campfire, with a gasoline can which they had obviously been using. Snoqualmie Police arrived and an adult was spoken to and informed as to the dangers of using gasoline. The youths were also informed that this was an illegal fire and it was put out.
[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 23 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date to 409.]