The results of the 2014 Snoqualmie Holiday Lights Contest were released on December 15th. In all, ten Snoqualmie homeowners entered the competition and were evaluated on creativity, originality, thematic elements and overall design quality – not just the quantity of lights.
After thoughtful consideration by a panel of judges, the following were named the winners:
The Deutsche Residence | 9400 block of Ash Ave SE, Eagle Pointe area, Snoqualmie Ridge.
See short video of 2nd place home: xmas lights
The Miller Residence | 35000 block of SE Swenson Street, Deer Park area, Snoqualmie Ridge
The Krieger Residence | 9200 Block of Ash Ave SE, Eagle Pointe area, Snoqualmie Ridge
For those wanting to see the rest of the lights of the homes entered in the contest, those homes are located below. There were two homes entered on Swenson Street in Deer Park, which has a nice stretch of homes all decked out with holiday lights, including last year’s contest runner-up complete with a musical light show and even snow flurries!
- 35000 block of SE Terrace Street (Aster Creek area)
- 9100 block of Nye Ave SE (Eagle Pointe area)
- 7300 block of Silent Creek Ave SE (Silent Creek area)
- 33000 block of SE Salal Street (The Heights)
- 350000 block of Swenson Street (Deer Park)
- 35000 block of Rhododendron Drive (Cascade area)
- 7100 block of Curtis Drive (Silent Creek area)
The contest was sponsored by the Snoqualmie Parks & Recreation Department and the Snoqualmie Ridge Residential Homeowners Association, who thank everyone who participated. They hope to see many more entries from throughout Snoqualmie next year.
You can see photos of all the entries on the City of Snoqualmie Facebook page.