Sports fans take notice. Here’s a chance to see some Seattle sports legends right in the Snoqualmie Valley.
The annual Monday kick-off event for the Boeing Classic’s week of golf is always a fun one for kids and sports fans alike – the Seahawks Rumble at the Ridge.
It’s a chance to watch some golf, maybe grab some autographs and some food, and take in the Mount Si and Cascade views.
On Monday, August 17, 2015 many past and present Seattle sports icons will tee it up for charity and take on TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, making the most of the course before the Champions Tour Pros take it over for the week.
All proceeds from Rumble at the Ridge benefit the Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Pete Carroll’s “A Better Seattle” and additional programs supported by Virginia Mason.
Some of the Seattle and Washington sports legends participating in the 2015 Seahawks Rumble at the Ridge include:
- Sam Adkins, former Seattle Seahawk
- Jordan Babineaux, former Seattle Seahawk
- Mark Bruener, former NFL player, UW Alum
- Blair Bush, former NFL player, UW Alum
- Ross Fletcher, play-by-play voice, Seattle Sounders FC
- Jacob Green, former Seattle Seahawk
- Damon Huard, former Seattle Seahawk, UW Alum
- Steve Hutchinson, former Seattle Seahawk
- Reggie Jones, free agent, Portland State Alum
- Dave Krieg, former Seattle Seahawk
- Bill Krueger, former MLB, University of Portland Alum
- Mark Lee, former NFL player, UW Alum
- Roger Levesque, former Seattle Sounder
- Kenny Mayne, ESPN
- Lawyer Milloy, former NFL player, UW Alum
- Randall Morris, former Seattle Seahawk
- Jamie Moyer, Seattle Mariner Hall of Fame Inductee
- Billy North, former MLB player, Central WA Alum
- Ray Pinney, former NFL & USFL player, UW Alum
- Sidney Rice, former Seattle Seahawk
- Mark Rypien, former NFL player, WSU Alum
- Detlef Schrempf, former Seattle SuperSonic, UW Alum
- Mack Strong, former Seattle Seahawks
- Lynn Swann, former NFL player
- Jack Thompson, former NFL player, WSU Alum
- Robbie Tobeck, former Seattle Seahawk, WSU Alum
- Curt Warner, former Seattle Seahawk
- Ricky Watters, former Seattle Seahawk
- Slick Watts, former Seattle SuperSonic
- Gus Williams, former Seattle SuperSonic
- Jim Zorn, former Seattle Seahawk
The Boeing Classic Champions Tour event runs August 17th – August 23rd. After the Monday morning charity event ends, golf pros have practice rounds Monday afternoon and then again on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday feature the two-day Korean Air Pro-Am event where amateur players get a chance to play alongside the pros.
The Boeing Classic begins at 11:20AM, Friday, August 21st – signaled when a Boeing jet does a flyover of TPC Snoqualmie Ridge – and runs through Sunday, August 23rd.
For a complete schedule the week’s events visit www.boeingclassic.com.