Have travel or vacation plans that take you over Snoqualmie Pass this week? If so, it’s time to plan for more rock blasting traffic delays. With daylight sticking around longer, crews will close I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass later in the evening -from 8PM to 9PM -over a four-day period this week.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews are closing the pass Monday, July 30th, through Thursday, Aug. 2nd, from Hyak (milepost 54) to the Price Creek Sno-Park (milepost 61) from 8PM-9PM each day.
In addition to the blasting closures, crews also continue to remove rock from the slopes above I-90, which means more rolling slowdowns and added travel time for drivers between 11AM. to 9PM, Monday through Thursday. and from 7PM to 9AM, Monday through Saturday.
Here are some tools to help plan your trip over the pass during busy summer months:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow WA State DOT on Twitter
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511